Sometimes in life, in order to see the blessings you have, it takes seeing someone else's suffering. Only after a person sees darkness can they distinguish light. It's weird to think of how often I take things for granted. I have never thought of myself as spoiled, because I don't get everything I want, but there are some things I have never thought of asking for, but I have received them anyways. Like parents. Lately I have been working on some drawings of children in the holocaust who have lost their entire families, and it made me realize not once have I thanked God for my family, and how wonderful they are. It seems like lately people have so many problems with their families, but never once have I had the worries on my shoulders about my family not getting along. The best thing about my family, is that they give everyone a chance, so no matter where you've been in your life, you have a place at our table. Another blessing that I very often take for granted is my friends. It is easy to forget those who are closest to you, because you know they will always be there. I think God has led me to where I am today by bringing these people into my life. My friends influence every part of my life, and they are always there to help out. It's funny because when you meet someone for the first time your first thought usually isn't about what God intends to do with that relationship, but in the end it's so obvious that our paths have crossed for a reason.
Anyways, it's Sunday, and today I am working on my holocaust project ALL day. I know nobody reads this, but I like to pretend it's a letter to a friend who I haven't spoken to in a while. So with that, I hope you have a wonderful day, God bless you, and I am THANKFUL for you!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home