a day in the life....

4.24.2006

Chicken Little!

And she's back! Sorry for the recent absence, but lately I've been feeling a little bit like Chicken Little (the sky is falling!). The past week has been pure insanity, Starting with a trip to the OC for Easter weekend. It was so much fun, my other set of parents, Skip and Michelle, came down from Tahoe and stayed the weekend with us. We had tons of fun, playing loaded questions, goin out for yummy meals, and of course, the Branches show at the Coach House! I was completely blown away by how different the Branches sound is from JHR. At one point, I even cried, because my two angels were so good and so beautiful up on that stage. If you are reading this and HAVEN'T heard, check them out at myspace.com/thebranchesband! We had a very fun relaxing Easter, just watched a movie and hung out together as a family. On Monday I came back up to school which is where my world started to go crazy. Two of my friends had started seeing eachother while I was gone, and as much as I was excited to see them together, because there are no people more deserving of happiness then them, it was hard for me to be okay with it. I couldn't figure out why it bothered me, but then I realized it was because at one time they had been seperate existing entities, and now they are one. Before, I could go to one when I needed a break from the other, and now it's not possible. But, if that's what I have to sacrifice in order to see two of my best friends happy (the happiest i've seen either of them) then I'm okay with that. And secretly, they are really cute, but I won't tell them that just yet... And in addition to all that emotional shock (ok, thats a dramatic label for it, but you get the idea) I had to write a combined total of 24 pages in 3 papers, as well as prepare for/ lead a class discussion. So needless to say I was ready for a break this weekend. On Friday night I went to J Bear's hiphop showcase, put on by the HipHop Organization here at CLU. It featured the CLU dance team, a few individual dancers, a high school dance club, and the H2O dancers. But the best part of the night was the dance group 'undeclared,' a group of about 15 or 20 asian children, probably no older then 13, who were off the hook. I was wondering how it felt to be showed up by those little kids! Their moves were tight and original and they were incredibly clean, it was like one big dancing machine! After that J and I went to dinner, and then I went to Friday's with some friends. On Saturday I went hiking with Farrah and Shawn, but when we got out of the car it started to rain so we went shopping instead :-). It was lots of fun to just relax and have some non-clu time. On Saturday night I hung out with Stevie, which was really fun because we rarely get one-on-one time. We went out to dinner and saw the movie "Lucky Number Slevin" which was insane but good. The major bummer of the night, which put a damper on the rest of the weekend, was that I lost my Tiffany's diamond ring, and I am SOOOOO SAD. On Sunday it was a Waterpolo day, so we went to the game and then had a meal with Kayla's family after, which was really fun. The rest of the day was a jumble of feelings, but the root of it all was the missing ring. Anyways, last week was like a crazy storm, and although there are still going to be some waves to get over in the next couple weeks, things are looking up, and the Sun is coming through the clouds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home