Bye Bye 2005
Well, tomorrow is the last day of 2005, so I thought I'd recap. 2005 started with goodbyes, to my dad and sister, who went to Ecuador on Jan 1st for a few weeks. My second semester of my sophomore year was great, everyone in the house finally started getting along, and I was starting to do better in school. The semester went by quickly, bringing me back to OC for the summer. My summer started with my sisters graduation, then straight to Hawaii for a couple of weeks at the beach. Two days after my return from the islands I went to Washington to visit my bestest friend, which was super fun. The rest of the summer was full of school, and working odd jobs for my parents, and also a cruise to Mexico. The summer was also full of adventures with the lovely Gomez. But, as every season does, summer ended, and before I knew it , it was time for the annual migration to Thousand Oaks to begin my junior year. The first semester of this school year has gone by quicker then any semester before. I ended with a 3.06 in 16 units, in addition to working 3 days a week. My work has its pluses and its negatives, like any other job, but I feel like I really get a lot more out of it then a normal job. I work for the boys and girls club, which is not always a picnic, but it teaches me so much about patience, honesty, trust, and kindness. I feel like there is so much I can do for these kids, some of them struggle a lot, and it makes me feel good to know that I can help them. My roommates this year are awesome. Me and Kayla's bond seems to be everchanging, which is always interesting to see where we are headed. Stevie is a sweetheart, someone who is always there to add a drop of sunshine to your day, and Katie just seems to know me better then she should. For some reason she and I have connected in a way that makes it irrelevant that we don't spend too much time together, we still know what is going on in eachother's lives. I also got much closer to Dana, who is such an awesome loyal friend, so that is good. And through Dana I met a very good friend, Jason, my little loser, who never fails to take my mind off of the things I'm stressing over. There have been love interests too, Sam, Nesty, CJ, k fed (well, he was interested in me), and Sam again. All in all, I have learned that people change, they come and they go, so enjoy the time you have with them, but know when to let go. If you don't let go, you'll end up like me, wasting the best years of your life living in the past and dreading the future. 2005 taught me to stop being the person who is regretting things they have done, and worrying about what others think. In the end, if I know that I have done what is right for me, and I honor God, then it doesn't matter if the whole world disapproves. Anyways, those are the highlights of the year, bye bye 2005, and to 2006...Bring it on!

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home